June 2012 Consumer Trends
Each month we bring you the latest trends amongst UK businesses and consumers, all drawn from the range of Selectabase direct marketing lists. According to the most recent month’s data we identified the following…
Welcome to the June Birthday Mailings round-up of useful marketing trends for businesses & consumers in the UK.
This month Birthday Mailings from Selectabase identified 129,107 individuals who are celebrating a milestone birthday in June 2012. These individuals may be turning 21, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60 or 65. The most popular birthday milestone was 21, with 23,081 individuals turning 21 this month.
Why should businesses contact consumers on their birthday?
In the course of promoting our Birthday Mailings marketing leads, we are often asked why businesses should target their marketing to consumers on their birthday? The answer is that celebrating a birthday can trigger a range of opportunities for many different types of business: even when times are tough economically. So here we examine the science behind a birthday celebration.
There’s one time of year when consumers still spend money (no matter how tough the economy) and that’s when a birthday is celebrated. Businesses could well benefit from tapping into this extra spend.
Broadly speaking birthday spending falls into two different categories; self purchase and gift purchase:
Self Purchase Birthday Spending
- The person celebrating the birthday will often spend a significant amount on pampering themselves with products and services such as hairdressing, fashion, clothing, accessories, beauty treatments and tanning.
- Birthday celebrants can also make spending decisions on how and where they will celebrate their birthday creating opportunities for bars, restaurants, nightclubs, days out, venues, sports, outdoor activities and leisure activities.
Gift Purchase Birthday Spending
- A birthday obviously triggers a gift-giving occasion with the typical circle of gift givers at an average of 6-8 people all looking to spend money.
- Gift givers may look to spend on gifts of course but also jewellery, fashion, electricals, gourmet, florists and also day’s out and experiences.
Of course there can often be overlap between these two areas of spending, as the birthday celebrant will often drop ‘hints’ to those around them about what gifts they’d like and how they want to celebrate a birthday.
So the majority of these spending activities can be traced back to the person about to celebrate the birthday which leaves the question of how to identify them in good time?
This is where Birthday Mailings leads from Selectabase can help: subscribers can choose to receive full address details of consumers about to celebrate a birthday in their local postcode area. Leads can be filtered by gender and the age of the target market to just focus on key milestone birthdays such as a 21st or 40th. Visit https://www.selectabase.co.uk/birthday/ now!
Prospect Download Consumer
Welcome to the June Prospect Download Consumer round-up of useful marketing trends for businesses & consumers in the UK.
This month we updated and fully restored Prospect Download Consumer from Selectabase. This means that you could now have access to 37,959,943 consumers UK wide!
Why use Prospect Download Consumer?
Use Prospect Download 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to buy and download business-to-business mailing lists. Register online now and receive 50 free list credits in your account ready for you to download sample data.
The Prospect Download consumer database covers the whole of the UK and offers:
- Approximately 36 million addresses, covering the majority of UK households.
- Extensive targeting selections by age, gender, lifestyle, location, income or affluence.
- Data for both local and national direct mail and telemarketing campaigns.
- No minimum order, affordable prices and 50 free records to get you started.
Prospect Download Consumer is provided by Selectabase, a leading UK independent list provider and member of the Direct Marketing Association.
For more info visit https://www.selectabase.co.uk/buy-a-list/ now!
Welcome to the June Preference Service round-up of useful marketing trends for businesses & consumers in the UK.
This month research from identified 5,317,317 UK addresses that are now registered with MPS.
What is MPS?
The Mailing Preference Service (MPS) is a free service set up and funded by the direct mail industry to enable consumers to have their names and home addresses in the UK removed from lists used by the industry. The MPS Consumer File is a list of names and addresses of consumers who have told us they wish to limit the amount of direct mail they receive. The use of the Consumer File by list-owners and users is a requirement of the British Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing administered by the Advertising Standards Authority. It is also a condition under the Code of Practice of the Direct Marketing Association.
To avoid being caught out, make sure you are checking your addresses with our list cleaning tools.
Should you have any questions or for more information please visit www.selectabase.co.uk or call us on 01304 383838!